I had a wonderful time figuring out why my comment boxes on my website refused to show themselves. All the options for WordPress were set properly. After quite some time of digging through Google I found the solution: I missed a check box in the options for the theme itself. Thank goodness it worked—not that I expect many comments. I’m not a great blogger but perhaps in time my posts will improve.
Now onto beta reading! “En Route,” the second book in the “The Astromancer Chronicles” just came back to me from the best beta reader I’ve come across. The manuscript is going to go through some massive changes and likely end up having a different main plot overall. I had three plots circling each other and none of them took the lead. The beta reader, Shalini, left thorough notes not only of the negative points but of positive ones as well. This will require a good deal of work, but I’m not upset about it. I’d rather smooth out the book than release it in its current state. I am actually happy about all the re-writing I will do. Shalini helped me see my manuscript from an outside perspective and made clear to me what goals I should be aiming toward. It will be after November when I start on the project though because NaNoWriMo starts in November.
My outline is prepared for November, and I’m excited about the novel I want to write. It’s a fantasy story with a bit of an Ancient Persian flair to it, though completely different than Ancient Persia was as I borrowed some ideas from elsewhere. Besides, I don’t think there were elves in Ancient Persian history. Somehow the outline for the novel ended up being around 44,600 words. I’m not sure how that happened. I went into good detail about many things but so much needs to be filled in for the novel itself. I’m curious to see how long it will be. For anyone curious, it took a little less than a month to do the entire outline. The time spent staring at the monitor greatly outweighed the time writing.